The world is getting smaller while business transactions are getting more complex and faster. Competition is getting tougher and the demand to focus your attention on the more important matters of business is not an option but a must. How would you do that?
Our work environment has been transformed from a place were humans are just the key consideration for business processes to a digital workplace were humans need to work harmoniously with technology. Pretty neat but complicated right? Thanks to SAP and SAP Business One because they empowers the Digital Workplace.
Internet of Things (IoT) is the newest field of competition which businesses must be aware of. The Internet of Things allows objects to be sensed and controlled remotely across existing network infrastructure, creating opportunities for more direct integration of the physical world into computer-based systems, and resulting in improved efficiency, accuracy and economic benefits.
According to a recent study by SAP, Accenture and other consultants show that the IoT will be the catalyst for opportunities estimated to be worth $14.2trn in extra revenues by 2020. Just imagine that huge revenue source that will be made available to businesses. The IoT is steadily creating a more intelligent workplace that enables companies to devse new and better products and services.
Delivery, interpretation and analysis of data will be the key elements of the digital workplace. These key elements will provide businesses with the needed inputs in order to produce better customer experience, timely decision making and quality products and services.
According to SAP Digitalist Magazine IoT will have other benefits as follows:
- Seamless and productive communication between devices that monitor business processes;
- Lower operating costs because efficiency is improved through, among other things, reduced downtime with faulty equipment, timely decision making, etc.;
- Higher productivity because machines are smarter and have a better idea of what’s required of them;
- Shorter, more customised and automated production runs;
- Improved customer interaction through the increased use of more interactive interfaces;
- Employee-friendly gains such as fewer accidents and more interesting work;
- Higher security for businesses as locks on doors and windows are equipped with sensors and camera systems that alert managers the moment an intruder attempts to gain entry.
SAP’s David Newman stressed that: “The IoT makes the capturing and interpretation of raw data more effective [but] the quality of the insights generated from it depend on how relevant that captured data is. To gain better and more accurate insights, sensors or endpoints need to be more intelligent.”
The question then is how well is your business utilizing data in order to generate further growth? Are your business processes even integrated?
Business intelligence is just one part of the Internet of Things (IoT) but it is something that is creating a positive impact to those who are already utilizing it. SAP Business One allows you to tap into the power of IoT through both business intelligence and integration of your business processes.
Are you ready for the digital workplace? You better be.
For more information on SAP, SAP Business One and SAP Hana contact us.